A Laird Firm PLLC Website 210-595-0550 admin@expunge.com


At our core we are a criminal defense law firm.  Our focus is on helping people possibly avoid having a criminal record that will follow them for the rest of their life.  Keeping your record clear of anything negative starts from the moment of your arrest… and sometimes even before.  If you or someone you know has a warrant, has recently been arrested and is looking for an attorney, or is trying to fix something that happened in the past… please don’t hesitate to give us a call or schedule an office visit.  Whether you’re facing a traffic ticket or a felony, you have nothing to lose by just meeting with us.


There are several ways to fix problems with obtaining employment and housing… or other issues such as being denied international travel, becoming a guardian, running for public office, obtaining a loan, owning or carrying a firearm, and overall being viewed in the best possible light. Obtaining an order of expunction is the best and most powerful tool that you have to set the record straight and regain your place in society, ensure that all records related to your arrest are destroyed, and allow you to deny that you were ever arrested.


Obtaining an order of nondisclosure, also referred to as sealing your record, has recently become easier for those that qualify for the privilege.  New revisions to the law have also made sealing arrest and court records related to certain misdemeanor and state jail felony convictions possible.


It is a very good idea to take action regarding your criminal record when you are on probation if your case was not dismissed. Whether you may be on regular probation (also called community supervision) or on deferred adjudication probation, there are methods to obtain early release from probation and even judicial clemency at the time you are released from probation.  Early termination is possible at anytime during deferred adjudication probation, but only after the lesser of one third or two years of probation following a conviction.


Judicial clemency can be one of the best outcomes in a case that you may have given up hope on. Even if you were convicted of a crime, it is sometimes possible to approach the judge in your matter and request judicial clemency. If the judge determines that judicial clemency is appropriate in your case, the judge “may set aside the verdict or permit the defendant to withdraw the defendant’s plea, and shall dismiss the accusation, complaint, information or indictment against the defendant, who shall thereafter be released from all penalties and disabilities resulting from the offense or crime…”  However, it is important to act quickly because recent case law is showing that courts might only have the power to grant judicial clemency while you are still on probation or shortly after probation has been completed.


If you apply for executive clemency in Texas, and the Board of Pardons and Paroles recommends that it should be granted, the Governor has the power to issue a full pardon, a conditional pardon, a pardon based on innocence, a commutation of sentence, or a reprieve, in relation to a crime that you were convicted of or a crime where you received deferred adjudication and have successfully completed your probation.


Restoring firearm rights that have been lost because of a conviction can be hard in Texas. One of the best ways to address this issue is early while you are still on probation. Through the court’s option of granting judicial clemency in a case, you have a chance at avoiding the life long consequences of not being allowed to own a firearm without having to request a pardon.